Position: Client Services Coordinator
Reports to: Program Manager of Chi Ishobak, Inc. (a Native CDFI)
Status: Full-time, hourly, non-exempt
The Client Services Coordinator is the primary point of contact for current and potential clients and provides administrative support to the Program Manager and Loan Officer. The position ensures a professional office environment that efficiently and effectively executes all administrative, clerical, and project support functions for Chi Ishobak, Inc., a private, non-profit, community development financial institution serving the tribal citizens of the Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians and enrolled tribal citizens of federally recognized tribes residing in Michigan and Indiana. The Client Services Coordinator’s tasks are undertaken to meet overall office, loan, and program goals. The position works closely with all staff, committees, and Board of Directors in support of Chi Ishobak’s mission, operations, and growth potential.
Chi Ishobak Mission
It is the mission of Chi Ishobak is to provide Pokagon citizens with access to affordable capital for the purposes of small-business loans and individual financial development through collaborative and education-oriented lending services, and to practice responsible lending in order to protect loan capital for future generations of tribal citizens.
Duties and Responsibilities
Within the respective business areas of the corporation, the Client Services Coordinator will:
• Maintain confidentiality of all conversations, documents, and any other information regarding Chi Ishobak;
• Assist and act in support of the Program Manager, Loan Officer and Executive Director with efficiency and professionalism;
• Draft, proofread, and edit documents to ensure accuracy of information, spelling, and grammar;
• Create and maintain the official records and filing system of Chi Ishobak, and coordinate the overall organization of the office environment;
• Perform reception and clerical functions including: handling telephone calls, bookkeeping, copying, faxing, mailing, filing, and data entry.
• Respectfully address administrative matters through cordial dialogue and tactful relationship building with internal and external persons;
• Maintain an inventory of necessary office supplies and expedite orders as necessary making cost-competitive purchases;
• Meet regularly with and prepare reports as requested by the Program Manager;
• Attend meetings, trainings, seminars and conferences as deemed necessary to increase and improve knowledge and skills;
• Ensure Chi Ishobak’s on-line presence by maintaining pertinent information on the website and respective social media outlets;
• Additional job-related duties as assigned by the Program Manager and Executive Director.
Candidates must have the following minimum qualifications to be considered for the position of Client Services Coordinator:
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Proficient skill in using computers, Microsoft Office Suite, and financial software.
• Knowledge of general office machines and telephone system.
• Demonstrated oral and written skills.
• Must be willing to submit to a background check (includes credit report) and drug screen upon hire.
Preferred Core Competencies and Skills
Preferred candidates for the position of Client Services Coordinator will have the following core competencies and skills in addition to the minimum position qualifications:
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with tribal, federal, state, regional and local agencies/organizations, community leaders, and the general public.
• Demonstrated exemplary customer service and the ability to work with people from varied cultural, educational, and economic backgrounds, specifically Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians Tribal Citizens and other Native Americans, through the various services provided by the organization.
Chi Ishobak, Inc. adheres to hiring preferences in the selection of applicants for consideration, interview, and hiring. Qualified Pokagon Band Citizens, Spouses, and Custodial Parents have first priority, qualified other Native Americans have second priority, and all other qualified applicants are considered thereafter. “Qualified” candidates are defined as those candidates who meet the position requirements identified above.
Salary will commensurate with applicant’s experience and educational background.
Deadline to Apply
Monday, September 30, 2019
Send resumes to:
Chi Ishobak, Inc.
Attn: Program Manager
P.O. Box 766
Dowagiac, MI 49047